Im Torn

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Warrior Prayers...Day Two


Prayers for Day Two…

I had to discipline my youngest son tonight at Bruster’s. The thought flashed through my mind: “Why can’t he just obey??”  Almost immediately came the reminder from my Father, “Because you can’t.”  We are all sinful people whose hearts are absolutely intent on having our own way.  But, out of my love for Christ and His shed blood on the cross, I should be trying to conform myself into His likeness by obedience to His commands on a daily…hourly…minute by minute basis. 

Similarly, let’s remember that before we can truly change our sons’ outward behavior, their hearts must be filled with love for the One who gives them the desire and ability to obey.  That will only happen if we daily remind them of the awesome love of the Father who sent His Son to the cross.  We do that in word and in deed…by ourselves obeying the high call of motherhood.

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” ~John 14:21

Commit to praying the following prayers for your sons or grandsons today.

Obedience

Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, may ___________ obey the LORD our God so that it will go well with him (Jeremiah 42:6).

May __________ obey his parents in the Lord, for this is right (Ephesians 6:1).

May __________ obey his leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over his soul, as those who will have to give an account. Let __________ do this with joy and not with groaning (Hebrews 13:17).

May __________ obey God rather than men (Acts 5:29).

May __________ return to the LORD His God, and obey with all his heart and all his soul all the commands God has given (Deuteronomy 30:2).

May __________ walk after the LORD His God and fear Him and keep His commandments and obey His voice. May he serve Him and hold fast to Him (Deuteronomy 13:4).

May __________ stop his sinning and begin to obey the LORD his God (Jeremiah 26:13).

May __________ obey Jesus' commandments, and remain in His love (John 15:10).

May __________ show his love for Christ by obeying His commands (John 14:15).

May we be full of joy at __________'s obedience (Romans 16:19).

No comments: